Before you start to gambling in Genting, it is a better idea to figure out how to win at roulette. Back hundreds of years ago, roulette was one of the oldest gambling games. It is based on chance, strict probabilities are at the main of the game’s spinning wheel.
Well, there are ways of playing this game wisely to minimize your losses. However, the game is designed to give the house an edge. With that we remember, be cautious about strategies that make unexpected guarantees.
A Guide on How to Win at Roulette
As a player, you must be expected to always win in the game. Winning in the game means you will get lots of money. Yes, that is gambling. Unfortunately, gambling is not as easy as you think. Sometimes, it will bring you to a successful moment, but sometimes will make you depressed. Win or lose is just a normal thing while making a decision to place a bet.
But you don’t have to be worried, as we will guide you to some tips on how to win at roulette. One thing you need to do is read all we provide in this article carefully. Therefore, your chances of winning can be increased.
Placing Inside and Outside Bets
Let’s start this guide by learning how to place inside and outside bets. A bet is a wager that you will place on the outcome of the spin of the wheel. In addition, there are two parts of bets in a roulette game: inside and outside.
1. Practice Playing at a Free Table Before Placing Real Bets
Check if the casino has a free table, buy one to play at the best online casino Malaysia, or you can play at home by yourself. This will help you to understand the various bets in roulette.
On how to win at roulette, you can make several types of bets on a roulette table that is commonly a 3-column chart that lists the 36 numbers on the wheel. The two types of bets are grouped into 3 categories, they are:
These are bets placed on specific numbers on the table. If you bet MYR 10 on a number and the ball falls on that number, you will win a 35:1 for the payout or MYR 350 plus your first bet MYR 10. Moreover, you can also split your bet between up to six numbers that are next to each other on the table.
These are even or odd and red or black as the lower risk, however, the payout is only 2:1 or even 1:1. There are blocks labeled with a number of bets on the table outside of the chart of numbers. This is why they are known as outside bets, while bets placed on the numbers are known as inside bets.
2. Make Outside Bets for Better Odds of Wins
As long as you make the table minimum for every bet on how to win at roulette, you can make multiple outside bets to maximize your odds of a payout. For example, if you bet MYR 10 and you will break even if it falls on red 16. Along with even/odd and red/black that offers payout of 1:1, outside bets include:
- High or low – Betting that the ball will fall on 1 through 16 or 19 through 36, and the payout is 1:1
- Dozens – Betting that the ball will fall on 1 through 12, 13 through 24 or 25, through 36 and the payout is 2:1
- Columns – Bettong the ball will fall on a number within 1 of the table’s 3 columns the payout is 2:1
3. Make Inside Bets in Moderation to Increase Your Payout
On how to win at roulette, even though they have the highest payout, straight bets on a single number are risky. The odds of the ball falling on the certain number you chose is 1 in 37 (2.7%) for European wheels and 1 in 38 (2.63%) for American wheels. Moreover, to make a straight bet on a single number, you can also split the odds between multiple numbers.
- The payout will decrease with the more numbers you split. A straight bet (1 number) will yield a 35:1 payout, while a 6 line bet offers a 5:1 payout.
- When you split the bet, the numbers must appear next to each other in the roulette board within a 12-cell block. However, the exception is a 4 corners bet, in which you bet on the corner numbers of one of the table’s blocks.
4. Watch the Wheel, Track Bets, and Identify Patterns
The best tip on how to win at roulette is to watch the croupier or the casino roulette staff, spin the wheel and release the ball, watch the ball as it will spin around the rim, and learn how other people’s bets.
You can check for wheel biases, or numbers or sections where the ball will repeatedly fall. If players make a bet to spin the wheel on their own, give it a spin to yourself to get a feel for how fast it will move.
Lowering Your Losses
After knowing placing inside and outside bets on how to win at roulette, let’s move to the tips on how to lower your losses in the game. Keep in mind, these tips do not guarantee you to always win. However, it will help you to increase the chances of winning.
5. Stick to Your Goal and Loss Limit
When it comes to tips on how to win at roulette and any other gambling game, you should only bet an amount that you know you can afford to lose. Once you have decided how much money you are ready to lose, stick to that amount and don’t be tempted to bet any more. The things you can get out of hand fastly, especially with a game that goes very fast.
- In addition, you don’t have to get too ambitious when it comes to profiting off of a roulette table game. Make a low profit goal, for instance 5% of your total bets.
- To avoid the temptation, set a limit on the amount of alcohol to consume. You can write your maximum acceptable losses on a piece of paper to keep yourself more accountable, and ask a friend to keep tabs on you.
6. Lower Your Bets over Timer to Protect the Winnings
On how to win at roulette, if you start off betting MYR 200 and end up with MYR 150, withdraw your winning (MYR 100) instead of adding it to the next bet. You can continue playing with the same MYR 200 to limit you maximum loss to MYR 100. The more you win and withdraw money, the more likely it is that you will at least break even.
7. Keep in Mind the House Edge Has an Advantage
Since the maximum payout on how to win at roulette is 35:1 instead of 37:1 or 38:1, the house always has an edge. In addition, recall that there is 0 pocket in European wheels and an additional 00 pocket on American wheels.
It means, even if you pick “safe” red/black or high/low bet, you will still have less than a 50% chance of winning, since 0 and 00 are green and don’t count as low in a high/low bet.
- You are supposed to bet MYR 20 on the same number on a European roulette 37 times. If the odds play out, you will lose 36 times and you will fall on that number once. Therefore, you will end up losing MYR 200, but you only make MYR 180 in winning. Then, your net gain is -1. It will give you a house edge of -2.7% (-1 ÷ 37 = -0.027).
- Still the same, since there are 36 numbers and 0 pockets on a European roulette, you will have a 51.35% chance of losing if you place a bet on black. For instance, you bet MYR 10 on black for 37 spins. If the odds play out, you will win MYR 28 and lose MYR 29. Again, you have a winning ratio of -1 to 37 or -2.7%.
- All means, no matter which type of bet you place, you are more likely to end up losing money to the house as how to win at roulette is designed.
8. When Possible, Choose European Instead of American Roulette
On how to win at roulette, American roulette has an extra slot 00, which will decrease the odds of winning. One pocket might not seem like a big deal, however, the impact on probability is drastic. On an American roulette, the house advantage is twice than the European. It means you can lose money twice as fast.
- On how to win at roulette, recall on a European roulette, the house edge is 2.7%. If you bet MYR 10 on the same number for 37 spins and the odds play out, you will end up with a winning of – MYR 10.
- On American roulette, if you bet MYR 10 on the same number for 38 spins, you will end up with MYR 200 winning and MYR 250 in losses, or a winning of -2. It will give you a house edge of -.26% that is twice that of a European wheel is -2.7% edge.
9. Probability is a Trend with No Short-Term Guarantees
You should remember how to win at roulette, leave while you are ahead. Every spin has a 1 in 37 (for European) or 1 in 38 (for American) chance of falling in a given pocket. Every spin is a single trial with its own odds, however, the longer you play, the more money likely it is that you will get into the probabilities that structure roulette.
- Over the course of several spins on how to win at roulette, there is no guarantee that one spin will be red and the next will be black. The ball could fall on a black pocket 5 times in a row despite the roughly 50:50 odds of falling on red or black.
- For another case, try to flip a coin. If you flip it 3 times, you might very well fall on heads 3 times in a row. However, if you flip it 100 times, it is more likely that you will flip heads and tails around 50 times each.
Playing Common Betting Strategies
Now, we move into the tips on how to win at roulette by playing common betting strategies. This will help you to increase the winning with a smart skill.
10. Try Your Hand at Predicting the Ball’s Bounce
On how to win at roulette, as the ball spins in the rim around the wheel, watch when it moves past a fixed point like the wheel’s 0 pocket. Try to predict when the ball will slow down, land from the rim and start bouncing off of the deflectors that split the wheel’s pockets. It is difficult, however, with practice, you will be able to predict which section of the wheel the ball will fall after it stops bouncing.
11. Use La Partage and En Prison Rules on a European Roulette
Generally, La Partage and En Prison on how to win at roulette only played on European roulette. In La Partage, if you make a 50/50 bet and the ball falls on 0, you and the house split your bet. Meanwhile En Prison works similarly. You bet MYR 50 on black and the ball falls on 0.
The house keeps your MYR 50 and spins again. If the ball falls on black, you will get your MYR 50 back. Of course, you don’t win anything but you will lose your MYR 50!
12. Play the Fibonacci System, for a Low-Risk Strategy
In this system on how to win at roulette, you place bets only on the roughly 50/50 bets, and you base your bet on the Fibonacci numbers. If you lose in the first game, make your next bet the next number in the Fibonacci strategy in the second round. Keep playing a number in the sequence until you win then you do win. After that, you can go back 2 numbers in the sequence.
13. Play the James Bond Strategy No More than Once or Twice
This system on how to win at roulette involves dividing your bet between high numbers, a 6 line bet and 0. For example, if you are betting MYR 400 total, you’d bet MYR 240 on the high numbers ( 19 – 36), MYR 100 on the numbers 13 – 18, and MYR 50 on 0. This will increase your winning by spreading out your bets.
14. Play Martingale Strategy if You’re Ready for the High-Risk
For this strategy on how to win at roulette, you can start by betting the table minimum on a 50/50 outside bet. When it happens, you will double your bet for the next spin and continue doubling your bet until you win. While doubling your bet will help you to recover the money you lost, it is an extremely risky strategy.
In conclusion, how to win at roulette is basically based on chance and probability. While there are strategies to play smartly and lower losses, it is important to note that the house always has an edge in this game.You should remember that no strategy guarantees consistent winnings due to the game’s crazy randomness. Whether you choose inside or outside bets.